Monday 6 May 2013

Iron Man 3

Iron Man is possibly the biggest franchise within the Marvel series, brought to life in 2008, in an Afghan cave by Robert Downy J. Nominated for numerous awards in the process and loved by thousands upon thousands. Now 5 years down the line, the third instalment has been released.

Tony Stark, entwined in the aftermath of the events of  'Avengers: Assemble', is struggling and to make things worse, a new foe has unveiled himself; the Mandarin.

What I liked about this in my opinion was its segregation from the Marvel franchise; not that I don't like Marvel, because I do, but the fact that it didn't actually feel like a superhero movie. Unlike most superhero films, which are made to impress the fans with explosions and and action etc, Iron Man 3 has a story of pure gold and made a change. The amount of twists that were in the film was unreal. Watching the trailer and the the movie itself, is absolutely mind boggling, but in ways that are good and bad.

The performance from the cast was amazing, not one disappointed me, but inparticular;

Robert Downy Jr, as always performed fantastically. As I like to theorize, Downy Jr's technique is sarcasm and he does it beautifully. Bringing laughter, tears and excitement to all.

Ben Kingsley surprised me dearly, but I cant say why. He was  superb, especially in the bedroom scene,   but one thing that disappointed me was his role. Great twist but I must admit I was genuinely looking forward to his role.

Ty Simpkons, a young but brilliant performer that took the screen at one point in my opinion, with his cheeky mannerisms.

The ending was amazing as well, action packed and emotional which all sent chills along my spine.

Additional things I didn't like was the final credits, I think the soundtrack and picture stills should have matched the mood of the film other than in a contrapuntal styled way and the amount of cliff hangers left within the film. Too many for my liking.

Other than what I have just said, Iron Man 3 certainly didn't fail to impress me, I do hope more can lead from this, but I can only hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment